The Imperial Old Guard is a place for mature individuals who plan to play Imperial on the SWG emus.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lehvi Dession

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lehvi Dession
Imperial Colonel
Imperial Colonel

PostSubject: Lehvi Dession   Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Chapter 1

The air smelled sweet, like his mother’s fresh flat-cake. The world around him was an alien presence, looming, and intimidating, but not all that unwelcome. Lehvi stepped off of the transport, and took a deep breath, liveliness was all around him. Naboo was much different than his home planet of Tatooine, and he felt this difference the instant he walked out of the starport. The city was in celebration, and he could tell why, several Rebels had been caught, and were scheduled to be executed on the morrow. He quickly sought out the smell, and found a vendor selling cakes. Lehvi was tired almost the entire trip, but when he bit into the cake, he felt a renewed vigor, and felt he could enjoy the celebrations before reporting to base. He bought a stuffed Nuna, with the intention of sending it back to his mother; he knew she would like it, as it was her favorite animal. He spent half-an-hour at the celebration, until he felt it necessary to report in at the base, his new home.

When Lehvi arrived he reported to Colonel Nelam. Nelam, a man originally from Corellia was well-spoken, and an aristocrat.
The first words he said to Lehvi were, “Why were you running late? I had heard your transport arrived a full 45 minutes ago. Can you explain to me why you were late, lieutenant?” Lehvi only had enough time to get out the beginnings of an explanation, when he was interrupted by Nelam again with, “No excuse, the Empire will be docking you a day’s salary for your tardiness. Let that teach you something.” He added with a smirk.

Lehvi was normally cool and collected, and this situation was no different, he said “Yes, sir.”, saluted, and went to his quarters without another word.

When he arrived at his quarters, he was surprised to find it fairly roomy. He wondered why they would give so much space for a mere lieutenant, and at about that moment, someone walked in from the terrace. It was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had deep brown hair, with eyes that matched, and carried herself with an air of confidence. She was athletic, no doubt about that, but she was a lady, and well-educated, judging by her stance. She met his eyes, and smiled, she had teeth as bright as both of Tatooine’s suns, but without the harshness.

Lehvi introduced himself with a stutter in his voice, quite unlike himself, “H-hello… I’m L-Lehvi Dession, the new lieutenant here. May I ask your name?”

She laughed slightly, but muffled it enough so that it wasn’t noticeable, ‘Hi, I’m V-V-Valmoria, I’m happy to meet you L-Lehvi.” Lehvi laughed at this, in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. “So you’re the new guy that the colonel was complaining about at dinner. It’s required for the officers to dine with him in his quarters, that way we can confer on what should be done here at the base. I actually find them quite boring though, the captain drones on and on about power fluctuations, and finances, he’s a stickler about finances.” She sighed. “Being that I’m a lieutenant too, should we bring up seniority?”

Lehvi looked puzzled, and asked “Why?”

She looked at him, and said, do you want to take the bottom bunk, or do we have to bring up commission dates?” Lehvi looked behind her, and saw one bunk bed, how did he not see that before?

He then made up his mind, and told her “You can have top bunk, I don’t mind the bottom.” He saw a twinkle of happiness shine in her eye as he said it, and felt rather pleased that he made her happy, even if in that small way. He then retired for the night, and dreamt of that twinkle he saw in Valmoria’s eye.

The next morning, Lehvi woke up early, and started his exercises. He couldn’t find Valmoria anywhere, and figured she had gone down to breakfast. When he arrived there, he saw her sitting at the officers’ table, and he went to go join her.

She smiled as he sat next to her, Lehvi asked her “How’s your morning? I hope your doing well.”

She said “It is going pretty well so far” she then winked, and pointed to Colonel Nelam, who had appeared to have broken his nose. She continued “He fell down the stairs yesterday, serves him right, took away our desserts. I can’t stand this food, I used to chow down, because I would get a dessert with the meal, but now it just isn’t the same.” She laughed, and said, “Well, what are you going to do?” Valmoria and Lehvi talked for what seemed like hours, but when it was time for them to stop, it had only been 30 minutes.

Colonel Nelam called everyone’s attention, and told them “I have just received a report, that the rebels will be trying to set free our prisoners. This must be stopped at all costs, these were the men that bombed our landing pad, and killed five of our brothers in arms. I will be assigning two officers to handle the situation, Dession, and hmmm, let’s see…Steruc! You two will have to work together on this one.”

Before Lehvi could try to look around for who Steruc was, Valmoria spoke up beside him, “We’ll do just fine colonel.” Lehvi was filled with joy and apprehension, he got his first assignment, and with most interesting person that he had met yet.

Valmoria and Lehvi stationed themselves in the town square, along with twenty Stormtroopers. The execution was to take place in less than half-an-hour, and the soldiers were on the alert. They had blocked off the south entrance to town, and the only ay in now was through the security outpost. Valmoria and Lehvi set their soldiers to patrol the streets and buildings, on the lookout for anyone suspicious. So far nothing had turned up, and just as Lehvi was beginning to think it was a false lead, he heard a blaster shot. He sent two soldiers to go investigate, when they returned they told him that a Stormtrooper had been shot in the back, and was unconscious. Lehvi ordered them to take him back to base, and so they did. He then told the remaining troops to be extra careful, and to pair up. He felt the Rebels close now.

“Valmoria, do you see anything out of the ordinary?”

She said “Yeah, something odd is out there, something doesn’t feel right, like there’s-” she was cut off by a large explosion, and the building on their far right had a hole blown out of the side. Several of the soldiers had been knocked out, and there wasn’t enough time to revive them. There was suddenly a flush of maybe six or seven armed civilians coming out of a building. They rushed the platform, and shot the guards before they could react. They were working on the locks, when Valmoria shot the lock-picker. Lehvi quickly shot the one holding a rifle; they had nearly got them all, when one pulled out a sonic detonator. He held it up, and told them he would blow it if they didn’t back off. Another explosion sounded off in the distance. Lehvi deduced that the fighting was more than just this standoff in the town square.

Valmoria told Lehvi “put down your guns, I can handle this.” Lehvi, against his better nature, put down his gun. Valmoria did too, but he noticed she was fingering her pistol at her side. She started talking to the guy, telling him that she wasn’t going to hurt him, and steadily pulling out her pistol. She was about to tell him that they would let him leave, when she pulled out her pistol, and hit him straight in the head. He was unconscious before he hit the ground. The rest of the Rebels were already out cold, and the two Imperial officers went to go help the Stormtroopers that were under the rubble. When the soldiers were awoken, they were told to take the prisoners back to base. The Rebels never knew that the prisoners were a decoy.

Although the prisoners were only decoys, the officers were commended for their work, and for the capturing of seven Rebels. They were given nothing by Colonel Nelam, he said it was already their duty to be the best, you don’t get rewards for that. That suited Lehvi just fine, and he felt that in the end, Nelam’s reasoning was correct. The celebration was short-lived by the others in the base. He and Valmoria however, were celebrating their victory in their quarters late into the night, when in the middle of Valmoria’s wonderful laugh, Lehvi kissed her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imperialoldguard.darkbb.com
Lehvi Dession
Imperial Colonel
Imperial Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Lehvi Dession   Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Chapter 2

Valmoria was shocked, yet she didn’t pull away. It seemed like eons had gone by in those brief seconds, both were in what seemed an everlasting bliss. When Lehvi finally pulled his lips away from Valmoria, she opened her eyes, and stared at him, with a mixture of shock, and love in her eyes.

Lehvi however quickly apologized, saying “I’m sorry. I just felt…uh…I don’t know wha-” He was interrupted by Valmoria, as she embraced him in her arms, and kissed him on the lips.

Lehvi was shocked by this, and even more shocked by her next response “Don’t apologize, I have felt feelings like this since I first met you. I think I’m falling in love with you.” She beamed at him, she had that same twinkle in her eyes, and Lehvi felt his heart beating as fast as ever before. They sat there in silence for about ten minutes, holding hands, when Lehvi felt a chill creep up his spine, and he heard a twig snap. When he turned back to Valmoria, it was apparent she heard the noise as well, she had her head turned towards the window, and was getting up slowly. Lehvi instinctively did the same, and they both reached their weapons at the same moment, they then proceeded to the window quietly. When they got close enough to see outside, a blaster bolt came out of nowhere, and hit the ceiling above Valmoria, the sparks however missed her. They both tried to look for the assailant, but they could see naught but darkness.

Just as they were about to exit the room, they heard a yell “The Rebellion will free the people you wrongly persecuted, this was a warning! Change is coming, and we are the messengers!” Valmoria hit the alarm, and exited the room.

“What!?” exclaimed Colonel Nelam “They got through security, shot at Imperial officers, and threatened the sovereignty of our glorious Empire? They will pay for this, mark my words, they WILL pay!” Colonel Nelam was a sight to behold when he was angry. He was filled with this energy that seemed to be hot enough to destroy the Rebellion in one fell swipe. “If I have to use the entire battalion to rid this world of that scum, then I will!” Lehvi and Valmoria were all for an offensive, they were talking about what their strategy should be, as if the intimate moment they shared never happened. They did not bring that up until the next morning, when Lehvi woke up to find breakfast on the table in his quarters.

He thought it odd at the time, he wondered why he would have his meals brought to his quarters, it was his second day, and he was only a lieutenant! He realized who had brought the breakfast when she appeared from the bathroom.

She looked at him joyfully “Oh, you’re up, I brought us down some breakfast, I hope you like flat-cake, I convinced the cooks to give me two, due to our victory at the town square.” Lehvi caught a whiff of the aroma rising from the golden-brown cakes. He nearly melted on the spot, the morning couldn’t get any better.

He sat down, and said “Why such the special meal? I’m not sure if you know, but flat-cake is my favorite.” He finished this statement by turning to Valmoria and giving her a dreamy smile. She looked at him with a hint of annoyance in her voice, “Well, because of our victory over the Rebels in the town square. Also because I would like to talk with you about last night.”

Lehvi knew what she meant, but tried to avoid the topic, “Don’t worry about that goon the Rebels sent last night. I’m sure we’ll catch them before the end of the week.”

She seemed to understand that Lehvi had trouble opening up, and held his hand gently as she said, “I mean what happened between us last night. We should really talk about it, I have feelings you, and I know you share those feelings. Let’s talk about it, please.”

Lehvi felt he could trust her, and open up, something that he felt rarely, “I do have feelings for you, that is true. I want to be with you, I somehow feel that you are the person for me, even though I just met you.” Lehvi grasped her hand now, and together they sat, telling one another all about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lehvi Dession
Imperial Colonel
Imperial Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Lehvi Dession   Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Chapter 3

Several months went by without incident, and Lehvi was beginning to ease up on security, but always kept a watchful eye. Over this time period, Lehvi and Valmoria grew ever closer, they shared everything, and seemed a single entity.

It was their day off, and they talked for hours. It was late in the day when Lehvi asked Valmoria if she would like to go to the beach. She looked at him, smiled, and kissed him. Lehvi then led her out of the room, and they left together, not unnoticed by the colonel.

By the time they reached the beach it was noon. They had taken some food from the officers’ mess, as they figured they would get hungry later on. It was their day off, but they brought their sidearms anyway, they had a feeling that the Rebels might attack. Valmoria insisted on getting something before she left, and any time Lehvi tried to decipher what it was, she would hide it even deeper into her towel.

“Why can’t you just tell me what it is?” said Lehvi.

She responded with the same answer she had the last four times “It’s a surprise.” Lehvi felt anxious, and couldn’t help but wonder about what she insisted upon keeping a secret. They set up a little spot in the shade under a palm tree, not too far from where they parked the speeder. After everything was set up, Valmoria asked, “Do you want to go take a dip in the water? It looks beautiful.

“Indeed it does, but we didn’t bring our swimsuits.” Lehvi added. She looked at him and said “That doesn’t matter, who needs a swimsuit.” Before Lehvi could say anything, she had taken off towards the clear blue water. He didn’t even realize for a few seconds, but he was running after her.

Valmoria jumped in, and yelled back to Lehvi, who was only seconds behind her, “Hurry up, the water is perfect!” Lehvi jumped in with a splash, which drenched the sands of the beach, even if it dried up after a few seconds. “This is the best time of year to go swimming. Their aren’t many things you have to worry about in these waters, it has always been pretty tranquil here.” Lehvi took a good look at his surroundings; he was taking in the beauty of his surroundings, ending his gaze on Valmoria. The two locked eyes, and stared. The silence was broken, when Valmoria let out a laugh, and splashed Lehvi soaking his upper half. Lehvi looked at her with a serious look in his face; she was stifling a laugh, when he splashed her back. She almost looked shocked at this, but instead of showing it, she decided to splash him once more. The two continued this splashing fight for nearly ten minutes, when they met each other in the water, and kissed passionately. They frolicked in the water, and shared each other’s warmth.

When they left the water, they sat down to lunch and ate it up within a half hour. They sat there for some time in each other’s embrace, drying themselves off. Both Lehvi and Valmoria got up at around the same time, Lehvi was stretching his legs, and Valmoria was searching through some of their picnic supplies.

Lehvi asked, “What are you doing? That was all the food we brought, if you’re still hungry we can go ba-” He stopped himself as he saw her pull out a long silver chain, with a locket at the end. “It’s beautiful.” he remarked, not taking his eyes off of the necklace.

Valmoria was looking at it as well, “Yes, it was my mother’s. It has been passed down my family for generations. She opened up the locket, and inside was a picture of herself, and an empty slot.

Lehvi couldn’t help but notice it, and asked, “Why is one side empty?”

She looked back at him, and said, “My mother said that when I found the man I would love for the rest of my life, I should put his picture on the other side.” It used to have my mother and father inside it, and before that my grandparents. Now I want it to have you and me.”

Lehvi broke his gaze from the locket, and looked Valmoria in the eyes. “What do you mean?” he said.

She looked at him affectionately, “I mean, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want you and I to go through this life and the next together.” Lehvi just stood up tall, and kissed her, all the time the two held the locket in each other’s hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lehvi Dession   

Back to top Go down

Lehvi Dession
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperial Old Guard :: Roleplaying :: Roleplaying Stories-
Jump to: